Tuesday 17 March 2015

Mother's Day

Mother's Day in the U.K. was Sunday just past. My husband has always been pretty good with birthdays and Christmas so I was never worried that he would fail on Mother's Day! And this year was no different. 
First he got up with Angus at 6:15am and let me sleep for a further 3 hours. When they did wake me they brought a cup of tea and some pain au chocolat. This was lovely but there were also presents!


The first of which was this lovely Mother's Day yarn box from Devon Sun Yarns! (Turns out my husband is a very good listener) Inside the box was lots of lovely things including some gorgeous sock yarn. It's come out quite blue in this photos but there is quite a lot of purple in it too! Perfect colours for me! I'm not quite sure what I'm going to make yet but it will be something for me!
There was also a teabag and some chocolate which was very nice. The little pins are very sweet and I love the stitch marker! My husband and Angus also very thoughtfully chose me a card with knitted pictures, they know me so well! 


The second of my gifts was this little lot, which Angus made at a group he goes to, the cakes were eaten mostly by Angus but I love the photo frame and the handmade card!


I had a lovely relaxing morning and in the afternoon we went into town for a lovely walk down by the river and then for some coffee and cake! Although I had a white chocolate hot chocolate which was so yummy!


My in laws also arrived from Scotland o Sunday, so we all went out for a lovely meal to finish the day off


If it was Mother's Day with you I hope you had a lovely relaxing day too filled with treats! 




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day.....lovely gifts and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete