Saturday 11 January 2014

Fo Friday

A bear for Angus


This is the first knitted toy I have made and I have to say in quite pleased with it! I did make a mistake with the head and had to start again but after that it was a really quick, easy knit. It's all in lovely garter stitch, I used a merino wool as I wanted it to be nice and soft for Angus, it also happened that I had two balls in my stash that I didn't know what to do with. They were a gift but only 100g each and two different colours, but they were perfect for this bear! The pattern I used was a Debbie Bliss one which you can find on Pinterest. The only thing I found a bit tricky was sewing it together but I'm sure that will just take practise.

Angus seemed quite pleased with it on Christmas morning 


I will definitely be making more knitted toys! 

Linking up today with Tami's blog
Friday - Creative Friday
             Fiber Arts Friday
Saturday - Weekend Wrapup
                Show and Tell Saturday
                Lovely Crafty Weekend
                Link Your Stuff
                Strut Your Stuff
Sunday - Sunday Showcase Party
               Think Pink
               Homemaker on a dime
               Linky Party Sunday
Monday - Motivate Me
                Craft
Tuesday - Too Cute Tuesday
               one project at a time

13 comments:

  1. Cute bear and you did a great job! Is that a handmade wooden sleigh Angus is in? It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is a handmade wooden sleigh, Santa brought it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an adorable bear! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this bear! I can see why Angus is all smiles with his new toy. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this bear! Your yarn colors and texture are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really wasn't sure if the yarn would work but I'm really pleased with the result!

      Delete
  6. What a cute bear!
    Thanks for the link for the pattern :)
    I've just put it on my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  7. My iPad froze what was trying to type I've put this pattern on my Ravelry favourites. I'm Uponahill :) on ravelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have a look for you on ravelry

      Delete