Saturday 9 July 2011

100 Days 100 Words #2 - Cake

Well its that time of the week again, so here is my second word Cake! Now I love cake, pretty much any kind of cake is good. I am also pretty lucky because I enjoy baking and like to think I'm pretty good at it (well the husband says I am!)
On Thursday night I decided to bake for the husband as I am away this weekend for a hen weekend! I thought I would be a good little wife and bake before I left him alone for two nights! You should have seen his little face, so happy! Anyway, I nearly always use Nigella Lawson's cake recipes as they always work for me, they are easy to understand and I secretly love her! (That's probably not a secret any more!)

image supplied from www.nigella.com

So anyway enough about that, I was baking...

I decided I would make the husband some Rocky Road (receipe here) and then he could have it at home or take some to work for a snack! I was quite busy on Thursady night, what with in laws staying, packing for a weekend away, blogging and trying to bake! Its no wonder things got a little frantic and well I forgot to take a photo of the finished product and then it was too late. So here courtesy of Nigella's wonderfull website is what the Rocky Road looked like

I promise mine did look quite a lot like this!

So there you go week two, word two: Cake

Please feel free to add your blog to the Mr Linky. The blog post can either be your own 100 days 100 words or just a post about cake! Also try and visit some other posts and share the love and link back to me!

Happy blogging x

3 comments:

  1. yum, i've never tried to make rocky road but now i'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm a new follower from Petite Hermine's Linky Party. That Rocky Road treat looks delicious! And cake is always a fabulous word. ;o)

    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments on the Rocky Road! The husband reported that it was very nice, so nice in fact that there was none left when I got home yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete