Sunday 8 May 2011

Knitty Gritty

So I took my mum's advice and practiced for a bit. I was doing just plain knit and actually finding it ok and was starting to feel quite happy about things. What also helped was the arrival of one of the knitting books I ordered from my Library. It's called Knitty Gritty by Aneeta Patel http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knitty-Gritty-Knitting-Absolute-Beginner/dp/0713685425/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1304861165&sr=1-1
It wasn't lying when it siad it was for the absolute beginner, it starts at the very beginning. The directions are so easy to follow and the projects are really cool and gradually progress in difficulty as you go. So I decided it was time... I was going to make something! The first project in the book is a chunky scarf. I checked what yarn I would need and the type of needles and went to the wool shop!

This is what I came back with, size 12.0mm bamboo knitting needles and some gorgeous chunky charcoal coloured yarm.
I was so excited and got knitting straight away.
To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Hi welcome to blogland. I hope you get the knitting bug - I've been knitting for years since I was in my teens and now knit anything and everything. Once you get into the swing you'll probably never stop. Look forward to seeing your scarf - on 12mm needles it should knit up pretty quick too. Caroline

    ReplyDelete